- Have Fun Teaching – Reading Comprehension Song and Context Clues Song
- Pasco School District in Washington State has tons of chants and poems for teaching content
- New Mexico Chant Bank – songs to support Guided Language Acquisition Design style teaching, but good and useful for everyone, not just ELLs!
|Example of students finding character traits in an article after it was summarized as a whole group.|
- Study Island – A paid program, but it correlates to state standards and to Common Core standards. Kids take a pre-test in either math or reading, then they play educational games and answer multiple choice questions to earn “blue ribbons” in each category. It is motivating, fun, and helps them get ready for the computerized format.
- Xtra Math – This one is a free test prep program. I didn’t use it too much in the classroom, but I did put it on my newsletters as options for kids to do at home.
- Kids’ Place and Edu Place Test Prep Practice – these are by Houghton Mifflin (our reading adoption) and you can choose your grade and the standard in order to find practice tests and other activities.
- Time For Kids – I got a subscription through Donorschoose.org that was a tremenous help to my teaching. They have online quizes and extra activities and articles to use for lessons. It’s great!
- DOGO News – a great resource for free online articles written for kids.
- Comprehension Toolkit – My school was able to purchase one 3-6 kit for my grade level to share. It was an invaluable resource for teaching with nonfiction. At $132, it is an investment, but the lessons really are fabulous.
Sign up for my newsletter!
Sign up for my mailing list to receive even more ideas and resources! Enter your information to sign up and get exclusive access to my freebie library! You'll also receive regular emails with freebies, strategies, and resources to use in your classroom!